Greetings, fans of The Powerpuff Girls, Codename: Kids Next Door, and Teen Titans, Antoni here with another written entry.
If you saw my post regarding my favorite six-person teams from some of my favorite shows, you would already know that Team Xtreme which is my headcanon name for the Rowdyruff Boys and the Powerpuff Girls as a superhero team from “The Powerpuff Girls”, Sector V plus Katie from “Codename: Kids Next Door”, and the Teen Titans from Jump City plus Terra and Titans East plus Sarasim were my top entries. You can tell how much I admired these groups because, as you can tell, I grew up watching The Powerpuff Girls, Codename: Kids Next Door, and Teen Titans seeing that these were and will always be my favorite Cartoon Network shows of all time next to Samurai Jack, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Dexter’s Laboratory, Duck Dodgers, and I Am Weasel that also manage to hold a very special place in my heart.
Today, I am going to sort out the who’s who in these particular groups, some based on some of the shows’ canon and some based on my headcanons, with their current ages. Get ready to kick some villain butt for the sake of truth, justice, liberty, and, in some cases, the last slice of pizza.
Team Xtreme (My Headcanon Name for The Rowdyruff Boys and The Powerpuff Girls as one Superhero Team from “The Powerpuff Girls”)
Team Xtreme Members:
- Brick, the 27-year-old fearless leader who rules with an iron fist, heaps of charisma, and is fiercely protective of his teammates. His special power is his signature fire breath and is a pyrokinesis user.
- Butch, the 27-year-old brutish muscle who is unafraid to use his Herculean strength to beat up criminals and monsters and help his teammates out in any situation. His special powers are his Tornado Punch and building a forcefield to protect and his teammates.
- Boomer, the 27-year-old lovable dumb muscle who is the comic relief of the group, loves to tell a good joke and has the strength of Heracles, the combat prowess of Theseus, and the charm of an Apollo. He is a lightning manipulator and can form objects out of raw energy.
- Blossom, the 26-year-old tech-savvy, articulate, book smart brainy beauty whose wisdom and cool sense of intellect is a great asset to the team. Her special power is her signature ice breath as well as being a cryokinesis user.
- Buttercup, the 26-year-old rambunctious brawler who is unafraid to let her fists fly and who is any criminal’s worst nightmare. She is a geomancer as well as being a telekinesis user.
- Bubbles, the 25-year-old sweet, innocent pacifist who ensures that there is unity, good vibes, and great collaboration happening in Team Xtreme. She bears sound-related attacks and is a water manipulator.
Combining Brick’s large-and-in-charge big brother personality, Butch’s brawny tough guy attitude, Boomer’s lovable dumb muscle funnyman antics, Blossom’s intellect, Buttercup’s fiery attitude, and Bubbles’ innocence as the pacifist is sufficient to show how much strength there is in numbers and being proof positive that with great power comes great positivity, which is the mantra they have learned ever since they were kindergarteners.
As adults, they uphold this principle, as it is passed down to their children.
Main Team Xtreme Ships:
- Brick x Buttercup (Brickercup)
- Boomer x Blossom (Blossoomer)
- Butch x Bubbles (Butchubbles)
- Butch x Blossom (Blossutch)
- Boomer x Bubbles (Boomubbles)
- The Brickercup Children (Brad, Bruce, Bailee, Bea, Brett, Bridget, Baxter, Blaster, Brina, Blaze, Brent, Brooke, Brianna, Bane, Bethany, and Bona)
- The Blossoomer Children (Bloom, Brittney, Beau, Brian, Becky, Belladonna, Basil, and Bramley)
- The Butchubbles Children (Brandon, Buddy, Brea, Betty, Blithe, Bibi, Blaine, and Blair)
- The Blossutch Children (Bernadette, Brendan, Blake, Bradley, Belle, Brenda, Belinda, and Barbara)
- The Boomubbles Children (Bailey, Barley, Bonnie, Brittany, Ben, Birdie, Bali, and Belina)
Sector V Members:
- Nigel “Numbuh 1” Uno, the 28-year-old intellectual, articulate, savvy leader of the group who rules with precision and focus.
- Hoagie P. “Numbuh 2” Gilligan, the 28-year-old lively, enthusiastic comic relief of the group who loves to crack jokes.
- Kuki “Numbuh 3” Sanban-Beatles, the 27-year-old lovable, innocent pacifist of the group who loves to ensure unity.
- Wallabee “Numbuh 4” Beatles, the 28-year-old tough, impulsive, wild muscle of the group who loves to dive head-on into battle.
- Abigail “Numbuh 5” Lincoln-Uno, the 28-year-old cool, calm, collected brain of the group who uses reason to get through anything.
- Katie “Numbuh 6” Strong-Gilligan, the 27-year-old athletic, gorgeous, well-rounded sixth ranger of the group who is an exceptional combination of beauty, brains, and brawn.
You are probably wondering why did I not put Lizzie Devine as the sixth operative and instead favored Katie. That is because I cannot stand how shrill, clingy, whiny, and vexatious Lizzie was as a character, especially when she was adamant for having Nigel to herself, and though she had her moments of competence, I highly doubt that she would ever be a reliable KND operative.
Getting back to the main six members of Sector V at hand, while all five members show a great deal of interpersonal chemistry and wonderful group dynamics, adding Katie to the mix would prove to be more beneficial since, at least in my headcanon, she is an athletic, intuitive beauty who can fight like a beast with fierceness and precision. Thus, combining Nigel’s articulate leadership, Hoagie’s lovable goofball personality, Wallabee’s toughness, strength, and occasional foolhardiness, Abby’s calm demeanor, Katie’s gazelle-like athletic prowess, and Kuki’s sympathy and kindness is worthy to give any army for its money. Not only that but the way I see Nigel, Hoagie, Wallabee, Abby, Katie, and Kuki growing up, they would be akin to the Power Rangers or Super Sentai, in which they have combat skills, weapons, and gadgets to combat against different villains. They may be an unorthodox example of superheroes, but I consider the members of Sector V superheroes in their own right because of their technological savviness, their strong team dynamics, and how many outlandish and crazy adventures these guys go through.
Now, as adults, their young children are about to have the torches passed on to them as the new generation members of Sector V.
Main Sector V OTP Ships:
- Nigel “Numbuh 1” Uno x Abigail “Numbuh 5” Lincoln-Uno (1/5 or NigAbby)
- Hoagie P. “Numbuh 2” Gilligan x Katie “Numbuh 2” Strong-Gilligan (2/6 or HoagKatie)
- Wallabee “Numbuh 4” Beatles x Kuki “Numbuh 3” Sanban-Beatles (3/4 or WallKuki)
- The NigAbby or 1/5 Children (Simone, Patrice, Monique, Michael, Devon, Rayvon, Samuel, and Nina)
- The HoagKatie or 2/6 Children (Gabrielle, Hayley, Eileen, Kevin, Marnie, Jordan, Philipp, and Peter)
- The WallKuki or 3/4 Children (Yumi, Yuri, Yuki, Nathan, Jun, Kenji, Satoko, and David)
The Members of Jump City’s Titans
- Cyborg, the 33-year-old muscle jock of the Titans who has an outgoing personality and heaps of athleticism.
- Robin, the 32-year-old leader of the Titans who leads with precision, determination, and toughness.
- Starfire, the 30-year-old beautiful pacifist of the Titans who ensures close-knit ties within the group.
- Raven, the 30-year-old brainy sorceress of the Titans who thinks with logic, facts, and focus.
- Beastboy, the 30-year-old comic relief who can transform into any type of animal.
- Terra, the 29-year-old cute bruiser of the Titans who is a geomancer and is incredibly outgoing and tough.
- Sarasim, the 33-year-old maternal leader of Titans East who loves making sure that her teammates stay in order for anything.
- Aqualad, the 33-year-old pretty boy of Titans East who knows how to communicate with marine life and is cool, calm, and collected.
- Speedy, the 33-year-old charming lancer of a weapon master of Titans East who ensures he has great aim with his bow and arrow.
- Bumblebee, the 31-year-old brainy beauty who can be as graceful, gorgeous, and lovely as any butterfly but has the painful stings of, of course, a bee let alone a wasp.
- Más y Menos, the 28-year-old twins who are the enthusiastic Genki Boys of Titans East who love to fun while coupling that with staying serious in battle.
I have been loving the Teen Titans from Jump City ever since I was eleven years old and I am still proud to say that these superheroes are my most favorite to this very day. I can even feel for Terra who is not only one of my most favorite characters but someone who needs more love than hate and who should have remained with the Titans all the way up to Season 5. Where my main headcanon for Terra is concerned is that she is alive and well with the Titans and she uses her powers as a geomancer to help her teammates out of any sticky situation. Therefore, this team is an exceptional combination of Cyborg’s lovable muscle jock personality, Robin’s focused determination and ambition, Starfire’s gregarious and warm-hearted nature, Raven’s cool and calculating intellect, Beastboy’s lovability and goofiness, and Terra’s down-to-earth, outgoing personality. Together, these guys continue to make a vibrant, fun, and interesting group of superheroes who show a lot of great teamwork and unity, especially when it comes to stopping the bad guys.
Equally as great are the members of Titans East. You might be wondering, where on Earth did the whole idea of Sarasim come from. In my headcanon, she finds herself in the 21st century and is basically like a fish out of water. Moreover, much like Robin, she may not have superpowers, but what makes her a superheroine in her own right is her keen sense of intellect, strategy, combat prowess, knowledge, and the wisdom to lead her team, thus giving Aqualad, Speedy, Bumblebee, Más, and Menos the idea that Sarasim should be their courageous, fearless, and smart leader. It is with Sarasim’s courage and determination that she manages to keep the members of Titans East together. Aside from that, you also have Aqualad’s charm and intelligence, Speedy’s devil-may-care attitude, Bumblebee’s directness, and Más’s and Menos’s lovability that make them formidable as a superhero team, thus helping their Jump City counterparts with the crime-stopping.
These days, the now adult Titans from Jump City and Titans East are happily married with the next generation of young Titans.
Main Teen Titans Ships:
- Cyborg x Sarasim (CySara)
- Aqualad x Bumblebee (AquaBee)
- Speedy x Starfire (SpeedStar)
- Robin x Raven (RobRae)
- Beastboy x Terra (BBTerra)
- Más x Jimmy (MasJim)
- Menos x Tommy (MenTom)
Teen Titans Next Generation:
- The CySara Children (Conan, Arkon, Jeremiah, Rebecca, Rachel, Salome, Hakon, and Freya)
- The AquaBee Children (Eric, Aaron, Nina, Eunice, Wayne, Grace, Tyler, and Taylor)
- The SpeedStar Children (Apollo, Ajax, Artemis, Athena, Jason, Janus, Helena, and Hermia)
- The RobRae Children (Melvin, Timmy, Teether, Tyler, Tyrone, Sarah, Susan, and Margaret)
- The BBTerra Children (Amanda, Trent, Brenton, Nathan, Paul, Trevor, Melissa, and Melanie)
- The MásJim Children (Carlos, Cristián, Miranda, María, Celestina, Manolo, Marco, and Cristína)
- The MenTom Children (Eduardo, Edmondo, Edgardo, Estuardo, Gloria, Graciela, Germana, and Gina)
That is all the time I have for now and tune in next time where I discuss another pair of six-person hero teams from a Nicktoon I love so much. That’s right, folks, I will be talking about Team Avatar and Team Freedom from Avatar: The Last Airbender. See you then!
The Powerpuff Girls belongs to Craig McCracken and Cartoon Network.
Codename: Kids Next Door belongs to Tom Warburton and Cartoon Network.
Teen Titans belongs to Glen Murakami, DC Comics, and Cartoon Network.